TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR DOG DAY CARE, DOG HOME BOARDING AND DOG WALKING.
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animal Act 1976 can be boarded.
Our customers are asked to agree to the following terms and conditions before signing their dogs into dog day care/ dog home boarding or before dog walking services commence at Star Paws Welton.
Star Paws Welton hereby agree that we shall act with integrity towards clients, pets and property. The welfare of client’s pets is paramount, and their safety and well-being shall not be made subordinate to any other consideration. In order to ensure we fulfil our obligations to you the client, we ask all new customers take a few minutes to read and sign the terms and conditions below:
1. By enrolling my dog as per the booking form, I confirm that I am the legal owner of the named dog(s) and I assume all risks, dangers and responsibility for injuries to the named dog(s).
2. My dog(s) must be met by Star Paws Welton prior to being walked, attending day care or arriving for home boarding. No dog may be admitted that shows any signs of any type of aggression. I confirm my dog(s) is friendly to other dogs and humans and I have made you fully aware of behaviours my dog has shown/ shows. Any dog demonstrating aggression or other behaviour deemed to be unacceptable by Star Paws Welton may be required to leave day care/ home boarding/ dog walking services irrespective of the length of time the dog has been enrolled with Star Paws Welton.
3. My dog(s) is fit and healthy to take part in any activities whilst at Star Paws Welton and is capable of play and exercise with other dogs unless I have made you otherwise aware on the booking form.
4. My dog(s) is healthy and will, at all times while attending Star Paws Welton, have current vaccinations and regular treatment for worms, ticks and fleas. I will provide Star Paws Welton with an up to date copy of my dog(s) vaccination record annually. I am not enrolling any dog with Star Paws Welton that has any condition that could potentially jeopardize the health of other dogs or people and has not had any potentially communicable condition within 21 days prior to a visit or walk. I also understand that even if my dog is vaccinated for Kennel Cough there is a chance that Kennel Cough can still be contracted. I agree that I will NOT hold Star Paws Welton responsible if my dog(s) contracts Kennel Cough.
I am responsible for ensuring the efficacy of any treatment that I give my dog(s) for worms, fleas and ticks. In addition, I agree to check my dog regularly for ticks and fleas and to inform Star Paws Welton of any unwanted passengers. In the event of any fleas being present, I understand my dog(s) will not be able to attend day care/ home boarding or dog walking sessions until they are flea free.
5. My dog(s) will always wear a suitable collar with an identity tag and has been microchipped.
6. Female dogs who come into season will not be able to attend Star Paws Welton for the duration of their season (usually 2 – 3 weeks).
7. Entire male dogs will not be accepted into day care/ home boarding beyond 9 months of age. Male puppies who attend day care/ home boarding dog walking will be monitored closely as they reach adolescence and the timing of neutering will be agreed between the client and Star Paws Welton should the client want the dog to continue to attend day care/ home boarding/ dog walking. Star Paws Welton reserves the right to exclude male puppies and adolescent dogs from day care/ home boarding/ dog walking if their entire status affects the behaviour and temperament of other dogs.
8. I have appropriate insurance to cover my dog(s) personal injury in the unlikely event of an incident alternatively, I agree to cover any costs relating to accidents that may occur at Star Paws Welton or out on walks which result in injury to my dog. All interaction and dog play are monitored by Star Paws Welton to avoid incidents however, I understand my dog(s) may sustain accidental injuries and I agree to cover any veterinary fees pertaining to my dog. Star Paws Welton will not accept responsibility for the death, injury or illness of your dog whilst at day care or in home boarding or during walks. You are strongly advised to insure your pet for all eventualities.
9. My dog(s) is able to share walks with resident dogs unless consent has not been given prior to the visit on the booking form.
11. My dog(s) can be let off the lead on walks away from the home of Star Paws Welton, unless consent has not been given on the booking form.
12. We reserve the right to act in the best interests of the dog at all times this includes seeking veterinary advice if he/she becomes ill. We will contact you immediately should your dog become ill. If you cannot be contacted within a reasonable time, we reserve the right to seek appropriate and swift veterinary attention and proceed with treatment, which you agree to cover. We will do everything needed for your dog(s) regarding treatment, comfort and recovery. If euthanasia is absolutely necessary (determined by the vet) for whatever reason excluding behavioural we will accept and act upon that vet advice.
14. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any dog or to dismiss any dog that does not meet the health, temperament or other day care/ home boarding/ walking standards. The determination shall be made at the sole discretion of Star Paws Welton staff.
15. Cancellation fees for dog walking and day care: We would appreciate no less than 48 hours notice of any cancellations for day care or dog walking bookings. Any late cancellations may be liable for the full charge if we are unable to fill the space. I give my permission for a key to be maintained by Star Paws Welton (if necessary) and give permission for access to my house to collect and drop off my dog/s if this has been agreed. An emergency number will be provided for anything concerning my dog or my property.
Cancellation Fees for dog home boarding: If you were to cancel 14 days (or less) prior to the booking start date, Star Paws Welton reserves the right to charge 50% of the total booking cost for a home boarding visit.
16. Payment for day care/ dog home boarding is due on the day of collection of your dog from Star Paws Welton. Payment for dog walking services is due within 7 days following completion of a walk. If regular weekly or monthly walking takes place, then payment is due at the end of each month as agreed between you as the owner and Star Paws Welton.
Star Paws Welton holds a Combined Liability Insurance Policy which covers loss and/or damage to third party property and/or bodily injury to third party persons. Please ask for more details regarding the insured risks and we will be pleased to provide further information.